Here you'll find information on the most pressing topics related to Palestinian solidarity today.
Click on the images below to jump to a topic. For more topics, click here.
For more information on topics related to Palestine, check out Decolonize Palestine, the Online Encyclopedia of Palestine, and CJPME's On This Day history project.
Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions
In 2005, over 170 Palestinian organizations, associations, coalitons, political parties, unions and other Palestinian civil society bodies made a public call to impose a strategy of boycotts, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel until its complies with international law and respects Palestinian human rights and self-determination. BDS advocates an inclusive, non-violent,and anti-racist approach that includes the call to end the occupation of Gaza, the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Syrian Golan Heights and the dismantling of the apartheid wall, the recognition of fundamental rights of Palestinian citizens of Israel and the right of return for Palestinian refugees.
For an in-depth look at BDS, visit our primary BDS page: CJPME Boycott Centre.
- Webinar: BDS 101: How to join the Movement (March, 2021)
- Webinar: Is BDS Illegal or Antisemitic?: Breaking Down Common Myths (May, 2021)
- Webinar: BDS and the Labour Movement in Canada (November, 2021)
- Video: BDS in Canada-Just Do It!
- Video: Why BDS? For Canadians
- Video: BDS The Culture Boycott of Israel
- Video: Free BDS Sticky Notes
- Video: In Their Own Words: Palestinians Champion #BDS
- EKOS Survey (2017): Canadians Receptive to Sanctions, Boycotts against Israel
- Factsheet: BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions)
- Position Paper: Canada and the BDS Movement
- Official BDS Movement Campaigns
- Workshop (downloadable PowerPoint): Responding to “Singling Out Israel” Arguments
- Workshop (downloadable PowerPoint): Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS)
Apartheid is the establishment and maintenance of a system in which one racial group dominates another racial group to systematically oppress them. Israel exercises a system of apartheid against Palestinians in the occupied Palestinian territories and in Israel through a series of discriminatory laws and policies that privilege Jewish-Israelis. See the resources below to further understand Israeli apartheid.
- Video: It’s A Duck - Apartheid Israel
- Video: 50 Years of Occupation- The Wall
- Video: Racial Segregation
- Video: Racially-Based Travel Restrictions
- Who's talking about Israeli Apartheid
- Israel’s apartheid against Palestinians: Cruel system of domination and crime against humanity (Amnesty International)
- A Threshold Crossed: Israeli Authorities and the Crimes of Apartheid and Persecution (Human Rights Watch)
- Factsheet: Israel's System of Apartheid
- Factsheet: Covid-19 in Palestine and Israel's Medical Apartheid
- Factsheet: Israeli Apartheid Week
- Factsheet: Israeli GreenWashing
- Factsheet: Israeli PinkWashing
- Factsheet: Wave of Discriminatory and Anti-Democratic Laws in Israel
- Factsheet: Illegal Restrictions on Movement to/from Israel and the OPT
- Factsheet: Israeli “Public Safety” Abuses in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Factsheet: Water in Israel-Palestine
- Position Paper: Canada and Israeli Apartheid Week
- Position Paper: Beyond the Two-State Solution
- Omar Shakir of Human Rights Watch on the apartheid consensus and being deported from Israel (March 2022)
- Why did Amnesty start talking about Apartheid? (w/ Saleh Hijazi of Amnesty International) (April 2022)
- Shining a light on Canada's expanding arms trade with Israel (April 2022)
- Workshop (downloadable PowerPoint): Israeli Apartheid
- Workshop (downloadable PowerPoint): Apartheid Workshop
Forced Expulsions and Illegal Settlements
Israel's colonial project depends on the displacement of Palestinians and the continuous refusal of their right of return. By displacing Palestinians from their homes and ensuring they cannot return, Israel makes space for Israeli settlers in Israel proper and in illegal settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Video: Ethnic Cleansing of Communities
- Video: Punitive Home Demolitions
- Video: Israel’s Illegal Settlements
- Factsheet: The Forcible Transfer of Masafer Yatta
- Factsheet: Mass evictions in Sheikh Jarrah and Silwan
- Factsheet: Israeli Colonization of East Jerusalem
- Factsheet: Mainstream Public Opposition to Israeli “settlements”
- Factsheet: Jewish Immigration to Historical Palestine
- Factsheet: Historical Palestine's Demography
- Position Paper: Opposing Illegal Israeli Territorial Ambitions
Anti-Palestinian racism is a specific form of discrimination that aims to silence Palestinian voices in service of Israel's settler-colonial project and apartheid system. The term anti-Palestinian racism is relatively new and CJPME is working hard to produce resources on the topic.
Because anti-Palestinian racism is highly related to anti-Arab racism, Islamophobia, and a misunderstanding (or ignorance) of Palestinian history, resources on these related topics are included.
- Webinar: Women From Gaza Tell the Story of the Nakba: A Conversation With Dr. Ghada Ageel (February, 2021)
- Video: 70 Years of Dispossession-Remembering the Nakba
- Factsheet: Anti-Palestinian Racism
- Anti-Palestinian Racism: Naming, Framing and Manifestations (Arab-Canadian Lawyers Association)
- Factsheet: After the Mosque Attack: Islamophobia in Canada
- Factsheet: Islamophobia in Canada
- For quick snapshots of Palestinian history, see our history project called On This Day.
- Maps of Palestinian displacement and dispossession
- Historical context of Israel-Palestine Conflict
- Let's talk about anti-Arab racism in Canada (w/ Dania Majid) (April 2022)
- Decolonize Palestine (w/ Rawan and Fathi) (March 2022)
- Workshop (downloadable PowerPoints): A Crash Course on Palestine-Israel