In a major win for academic freedom on Palestine last month, the Canadian Association of University Teachers voted unanimously to oppose the IHRA definition of antisemitism and to defend the right to criticize Israel. In this episode, Tom and Michael are joined by Mark Ayyash to learn about how this important vote unfolded. We’ll also talk about why IHRA is increasingly understood as a threat to anti-racist and decolonial scholarship.
If you can, rate us and write a nice review if you like what you hear. It helps other people find our podcast and learn about the issues. Here are the instructions on how to find, rate, review and share the podcast on eight different platforms: Apple, Spotify, Google, TuneIn, Deezer, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and iHeartRadio.
Links from this podcast:
- CJPME Applauds CAUT for Opposing IHRA, Supporting Academic Freedom on Palestine
- NoIHRA campaign resources from IJV
- Full text of CAUT Motion opposing IHRA
- University of Toronto Working Group Report
- CJN article about the Jewish Faculty Network
Subscribe to this podcast, and donate to CJPME to support the work that we do.