Our heartaches for the people of Gaza is beyond words. Yet despite the indifference of the West, we cannot be silent. We encourage you to take action on-line via other tools below.
- If you see on-line hate or incitement to hate, we have launched a tool to enable you to capture and record such incidents.
- Almost 18,000 Canadians have emailed Trudeau and their own MP using our email tool. Join them now! And if you've already emailed; do it again.
- Donate to Gaza humanitarian aid. The CJPME Foundation is working with partners to ensure that our aid gets in as soon as it's permitted.
- Ramp up on the issues. Check out our talking points, statements and recommendations.
Our spineless political leaders need to know that we will not stand by while the besieged population of Gaza is bombed ruthlessly.
There has been a surge in overt anti-Palestinian, anti-Arab, and Islamophobic hate on-line over these past few weeks. Use our new tool to upload screenshots of on-line hate that you have observed. If possible, CJPME will use such incidents to hold haters - especially elected haters - accountable.
Be on record to show that you did all you could to stop Israel from committing another mass atrocity agains Palestinians. Even if you’ve already sent our indifferent leaders emails in the past, send another! Show them we will not be silent!
As we all know, Israel has ignored international law and is preventing food, water, fuel, medicines and other supplies from entering Gaza this past week. Nevertheless, the CJPME Foundation has been communicating with its partners, and is in a position to pass aid to Gaza as soon as the territory is open again. Please donate to its Gaza Emergency Appeal: the money will be used to provide 1) food aid, in the form of rations and vouchers, 2) fuel, and 3) medical supplies, in the form of medical consumables and medicines. For Canadians, these gifts are tax deductible, and 100% of the gift gets to the field.
Earlier this week, we sent a 3-page statement highlighting the many ways the media is disserving Canadians, especially Palestinian-Canadians. We hightlight the many problems we have observed as they interview Palestinians and present the events. Our task is to fight against the bias and expand the story. CJPME, its reps and its statements have been quoted or cited by media in well over 100 media spots since Oct. 7, including CBC, CTV, Global News, TVA, Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, and the Canadian Press. Many of our friends and allies have also been articulate with the media. Many media outlets have been forced to update and edit their coverage as a result of our media advocacy. Since Saturday, we have contacted media about poor coverage in over 60 different instances. But we need your help!
- We need greater participation on our media alerts, so please sign up as a CJPME Media Responders if you can.
- And if you’re Palestinian and are willing to talk to the media about your experiences and feelings, please get in touch. We’re constantly contacted by media who want to hear from Palestinians.
- Email or send us links to articles with poor journalistic coverage. We’ll try to incorporate them into our media response if we can.
- Send us letters or articles that you’ve written that were never published.
CJPME recently published some key talking points about the current crisis, with supporting principles. See our points 1) on Hamas’ recent violence, 2) on Israel’s recent violence, 3) on Canada’s response, and 4) on the ongoing conflict. But there’s more:
- Stay up-to-date with what’s happening in Canada related to the crisis on our “Crisis Tracker” Webpage
- Check out the nine press statements that we’ve published since October 7. Among other things, we challenge Canadian leaders to call for a ceasefire, end their double-standard, and define their endgame with respect to Israel. Share these thoughts and recommendations with friends and co-workers.
Last week, hundreds of our supporters shared their anger and frustration with us. We are reviewing the feedback, and hope to present much of it to media and politicians as a reflection of how upset and anxious many Canadians are. It's not too late to participate. We need to help the media and politicians understand how Palestinians and their allies are struggling in the current climate.
- Please use this form to write a few sentences about your frustration, anger, or worries, whether about the escalating violence in Gaza or the response in Canada. Use the form’s checkbox to control permission over how the feedback may be used.
- Protect yourself emotionally. Take a break from the news if you’re feeling overwhelmed or overly frustrated. Don’t get pulled into political discussions with friends or co-workers unless you’ve decided ahead of time that you’re comfortable and ready.