CJPME is excited to launch its first round of student solidarity grants for the purposes of helping Palestinian solidarity groups on campus:
- Expand their existing programs and reach
- Feel less stress to fundraise, and focus on outreach and education
To apply for a grant, use this form.
- CJPME will be offering 6 grants of $250, and one grant of $500 to student groups carrying out Palestinian solidarity work in the campuses/communities
- Grant applications will be accepted between June X, and August 14th at 11:59 PM.
- Grant applicants may be asked for an in-person interview via Zoom on behalf of their student group as part of the application process.
- Student groups that receive grants will be expected to complete a brief form as part of the application and, if awarded a grant, must provide a brief description of how the grants were used by the group at the end of the academic session/year.
- Grantees will be informed of their selection by Sept. 10, 2022. Grants will be awarded by Sept. 15, 2022
- Only student groups at post-secondary Canadian institutions are eligible for CJPME student solidarity grants.
- Each student group is eligible for a maximum of one grant per year.
- CJPME reserves the right to deny a grant to a student group without providing an explanation.
Beyond student grants
Even if a group does is not awarded a CJPME grant, CJPME will still do what it can to support the group in other ways.
For example, CJPME can:
- Help publicize student group campaigns
- Provide advice and guidance, and potentially logistical support for campaigns
- Provide the student group with flyers/brochures/documents